- Spend magical days among wild animals with the charming professional guides
- At the camp, be immersed in a luxury that is highly sensitive to the environment’s fragility
- Experience elephants, big cats, and other wildlife in their most natural state while on a game drive
- Hike up the famous flat-topped sacred mountain, Ol Donyo Sapache, or take a leisurely guided walk around the camp
- Visit a local village to see how they live, and visit the local wise-man, who is enormously generous with his insights and blessings
Elephant Watch is the ultimate in eco-luxury and an unrivaled wildlife experience, thanks to the long links to pioneering elephant conservation in Kenya’s Samburu National Reserve. Here, guest’s dreams of an African adventure without compromise come true. The six en-suite tents are crafted from all-natural materials, including trees felled by elephants, and stand in woodland by the Ewaso Nyiro river. Chefs make and bake every bite of the delicious food on site to offer guests a superb fusion of Italo-Afro-bush gourmet for which Elephant Watch is famous far and wide. Vegetables are sourced locally from the foothills of Mt. Kenya, and then spiced to perfection with herbs from the organic garden. The meat comes mostly from the organic farm in Naivasha, or from the lush cattle ranches of Laikipia where livestock is pasture-raised and free to roam.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Samburu National Reserve, Samburu County, Kenya
Places You'll See
Samburu National Reserve
For an exciting safari experience, visit the Samburu National Reserve. Observe various species of wildlife such as cheetahs, lions, and elephants, as well as over 350 species of bird. Learn about the Samburu tribe by visiting the local villages, and purchase some of their wares. The reserve is also one of the two areas Elsa the Lioness, from the bestselling book and award-winning movie “Born Free”, was raised.