- Enjoy a classic safari experience, delivering unrivaled wildlife with over 150 species of mammals, and 300 species of bird
- Relax around the pool in the central courtyard and take in the tranquility of the surroundings
- Refresh and restore mind, body and spirit amid the serenity and peace of the bush at the spa
- Dine on contemporary cuisine served in one of Africa’s most breath taking locations
- Experience an even more intimate nature and wildlife encounter by walking among the Big 5
Tucked away in a forest of green, on the banks of the world renowned Sand River, lies a special place. Rattray’s on MalaMala offers an intimate glimpse of an era long lost, when travellers from afar married the magic of the African bush with elegance and refinement. Combining humble opulence and romantic exclusivity with unrivalled game viewing, Rattray’s on MalaMala is the premier safari destination for those seeking to experience the wild heart of Africa. Upon arrival, guests are greeted by the collective smile of our passionate and professional team who are devoted to ensuring that our visitors cherish every moment of their time with us. Each luxurious freestanding and spacious Khaya (Zulu word for ‘home’) offers an atmosphere of lush seclusion and boasts spectacular views of the Sand River where wildlife of all shapes and sizes can be viewed whilst taking a dip in the private plunge pool, cooling off in the outdoor shower or enjoying a massage on the deck. The camp offers, amongst other things, a gym, an infinity swimming pool, a steam room and a massage service.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Kruger National Park, Kruger Park, Limpopo, South Africa
Places You'll See
Kruger National Park
Get the real safari experience at the Kruger National Park, one of South Africa’s largest game reserves. The offers a chance to see some of the 500 plus species of wild birds, nearly 150 species of large mammals including all of the Big Five game animals, and over 100 species of reptiles including the black mamba. There’s even a 9-hole golf course.