- Wander through the spacious guest areas and admire the many mementos of a time gone by
- Indulge in private time in the fascinating library or while away a few hours in front of the roaring fireplace
- Leisure hours can be spent by the pool admiring the bush landscape and enjoying a special wildlife sighting in the river valley
- Set out in an open 4x4 safari vehicle in the company of a ranger and tracker team, who will attempt to track guest’s favorite animals
- Experience the thrill of tracking animals on foot, accompanied by an armed specialist ranger and tracker team
The original homestead of Harry Kirkman has been beautifully restored; the 18 charming suites overlook the bushveld and beautiful lawns surround the lodge and swimming pool, with spectacular views of the unspoiled landscape surrounding the Sand River. The moment one walks into the main guest area at Kirkman’s Kamp they’ll think they’ve been transported back in time. The fact that the lawn has warthog grazing on it instead of a neatly dressed party playing croquet does nothing to dispel this illusion; in fact, it all adds to the ambiance of this 1920s South African homestead. Located high on a ridge, the camp overlooks the Sand River like a stylish matriarch gazing down upon the landscape. The green tin roof and manicured grounds carve out a soft and cultured niche in the wild and tumbling bush. Enjoy the ritual of afternoon tea served on the spacious veranda or rolling lawn, perhaps in the company of a wild but friendly visitor or two.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Sabi Sands, Tudor Avenue, Sandton, South Africa
Places You'll See
Sabi Sands Game Reserve
With more than 200 different species of animal, including the Big Five, Sabi Sands Game Reserve is one of the best places for a real African safari. It is also home to thousands of plant varieties. Enjoy early morning or night drives through the terrain, or a guided hiking tour.