- Listen to lectures on Maasai culture by resident naturalist and enjoy entertainment by local Maasai warriors
- Relax in the comfortable lounge area and be surrounded by the vibrant safari style
- Say hello to elephants, monkeys, and impalas; regular visitors to the camp
- Take a game drive for the opportunity to see lions, leopards, and other species endemic to northern Kenya
- Indulge in delicious bush breakfasts, picnic lunches, comfortable communal dinners, and sundowners
Elephant Bedroom Camp offers luxury in a setting of breath taking beauty. It is set along the banks of the Ewaso Nyiro River and shaded by doum palms and other trees that make up this green belt of riverine forest in Samburu National Reserve. The surrounding Samburu National Reserve is an area of spectacular scenery; its dry plains bisected by the meandering river, with the backdrop of Africa’s dramatic mountains, including Mt Kenya. The spacious tents have rustic and colorful African touches, offering all the comforts; including a private plunge pool on the deck, hot and cold running water, electricity (and complimentary herbal shower and bath products). The lounge and dining area is decorated with vibrant safari style, its soft intimate lighting assuring that this is the ultimate place to relax in between exciting game drives. Elephant, Monkeys, Impalas are amongst the camp’s many regular wild visitors, whilst Samburu National Reserve has a good number of lions and leopards and offers the opportunity to see many species endemic to northern Kenya.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Samburu National Reserve, Samburu County, Kenya
Places You'll See
Samburu National Reserve
For an exciting safari experience, visit the Samburu National Reserve. Observe various species of wildlife such as cheetahs, lions, and elephants, as well as over 350 species of bird. Learn about the Samburu tribe by visiting the local villages, and purchase some of their wares. The reserve is also one of the two areas Elsa the Lioness, from the bestselling book and award-winning movie “Born Free”, was raised.