Be in the know before you go
A valid passport is required to travel and should have at least 6 months validity after your return home. You should have at least 2 blank pages per country that you are visiting. If your passport does not meet this requirement at the time of departure, you can be denied boarding for your international flight and may consequently incur additional expenses.
According to the information that we have, you should not need a visa to enter Italy as a tourist with a US or Canadian passport. However, we always recommend that you double check this for last minute changes with your local consulate.
Health and Wellness
Easy ways to stay safe while traveling in Italy:
- Stay away from animals
- Prevent bug bites by using mosquito repellent
- Be sure you are eating and drinking safely
- Reduce exposure to germs by maintaining personal hygiene
- Use safe transportation, stay safe outdoors and around water by making sure you stay “in bounds”
- Maintain personal security by being alert of your surroundings
For more detailed and up to date information on recommended and required vaccinations and general health travel tips for Italy, visit the CDC website. Please consult with your physician for clarification or concerns regarding recommended or required vaccinations before your planned departure.