- Witness Atacama's stunning environment with geysers, valleys, canyons, petroglyphs, giant cacti Flamingos, vicunas, and foxes, just to name a few.
- Awasi is a carbon neutral property that protects huge swaths of native woodland that absorb more emissions than what is generated by its three lodges.
- Measuring over 50 square meters, the suites are self-contained havens where you can unwind, relax and rest with your own patio, solarium, and outdoor and indoor showers.
- Inspired by Pre-Inca ruins, Awasi worked with a local historian to recreate adobe structures so guests feel transported into another world.
- Taste the flavors of the world’s driest desert in the property's open-air restaurant, serving sophisticated Andean fare.
- One Private Guide and a 4WD are assigned to each Villa so you can craft your own adventure.
Awasi Atacama’s 12-Suite adobe lodge is located in the tranquil town of San Pedro de Atacama, nestled behind an ancient adobe wall, so you could easily pass by and not realize that a small, all-inclusive lodge lies within.
Inspired by Pre-Inca ruins, Awasi worked with a local historian to recreate adobe structures so guests feel transported into another world. The round shape and natural building materials (adobe, stone and wood) keep the suites cool in the heat of the day, and warm in the chilly evenings.
All rooms are spacious and built with local materials, inspired in the traditional architecture of the village of Tulor with charming thatched roofs, and large bathrooms that open into private solariums with al-fresco showers. With private patios, tall trees providing natural shade, and open-air communal areas so you can enjoy the world’s clearest skies, Awasi is the perfect place to enjoy the very best of the Atacama.
After days spent exploring the impressive natural scenery of the Atacama Desert with your private guide, return to Awasi Atacama for a swim in the pool, a drink by the fire pit, and long evening meals in our Relais & Chateaux restaurant.
Awasi is also a Carbon Neutral property, protecting 340 hectares of native woodland in Iguazú and Patagonia. These areas absorb over 10,000 tonnes of CO2 per year, greater than the emissions generated by Awasi’s three lodges, including the travel emissions of their guests.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Places You'll See
San Pedro de Atacama
Enjoy some of the world’s most beautiful natural features such as lagoons, volcanoes, geysers, and hot springs in San Pedro de Atacama. Visit the San Pedro de Atacama to learn about meteorites and how to hunt them. Take a sandboarding tour through Death Valley, or gaze upon the dazzling colors of the Rainbow Valley.