- Dine on local foods at The restaurant and adjacent terraces that were built as a large glass house with an exceptional view of the Vilcanota River and the surrounding green mountains.
- Visit the historical citadel of Machu Picchu with a private guide, followed by an hour-trek up Wayna Picchu. The steep trail, overlooking Machu Picchu, clings to the side of the mountain, leading the adventurous traveler to a remote corner of this archaeological site.
- Walk early in the morning to take advantage of the optimum time for cloud-forest bird watching. Begin at a river observatory, with the possibility of sighting the sought-after torrent duck and the white-capped dipper.
- After a long day of trekking through the forest in search for unique flora and fauna, or taking in the magnificent views of the Ancient Citadel unwind at the UNA Spa
- UNU Spa is Inkaterra’s unique SPA concept, combining the classic nurturing of a SPA with a mystical Andean approach. All products are 100% natural, obtained from local botanical extracts, providing a pleasing spiritual, sensual and soothing experience.
Popular with those heading to the ancient citadel of Machu Picchu, Inkaterra Machu Picchu is an intimate Andean village with terraced hills, waterfalls, stone pathways and 83 whitewashed adobe casitas tucked away in the cloud forest. Member of National Geographic Unique Lodges of the World, the property has 12 acres of exquisite natural beauty, where 214 bird species – such as the golden-headed quetzal and the iconic Andean cock-of-the-rock – and the world’s largest native orchid collection (372 species) have been registered.
After exploring the Historic Sanctuary and in-house excursions, guests can enjoy the Unu Spa, which combines the classic nurturing with a mystical Andean approach. Natural products are derived from local botanical extracts (mint, eucalyptus and orchids), thus providing a pleasing spiritual, sensual and soothing experience. The first-class restaurant features stunning views of Vilcanota River, and shares the secrets of Peruvian cuisine with a contemporary twist.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Inkaterra Macchu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Aguas Calientes, Peru
Places You'll See
Recently, following UNESCO recommendations, Peruvian authorities have placed restrictions on the visitation of Machu Picchu, the lost Incan ruins. Currently, no more than 2,500 people daily will be allowed to visit the ruins. While these new restrictions are great for the preservation of the ruins, they may cause some difficulties in your ability to visit them, so we recommend booking with plenty of notice.