- Experience a diverse range of animal and bird species on daily game drives with knowledgeable and skilled trackers
- Feel Africa underfoot on a guided bush walk for an intimate encounter with nature and wildlife
- Swim in the lap pool or relax under bushveld skies before heading back to the luxury game lodge accommodation
- Relax at the luxurious Kapama Wellness Centre for a full range of body and beauty treatments
- Meet and interact with Kapama’s elephants and have the opportunity to feed them
Within the expansive Kapama Private Game Reserve, River Lodge epitomizes five-star safari accommodation. The majestic northern Drakensberg mountains form the backdrop to the 64-suite River Lodge, which is positioned along a bend of the seasonal Kapama River. It’s the largest luxury game lodge in the Greater Kruger National Park area, and is stylishly furnished to ensure an unforgettable African safari experience. African artifacts adorn the lounges of River Lodge, and a palate of red and gold reflects the colors of Africa’s earth. Glass stack doors open onto the rim-flow pool to create an al fresco experience. The long, L-shaped lounge and bar, under double-volume thatch, follow the line of the pool to create an airy but cozy atmosphere. In winter, a double-sided fireplace provides additional warmth. As in classic old Africa, evening meals are often enjoyed seated around a roaring fire in the Rhino Boma. All cuisine at Kapama is prepared using fresh seasonal ingredients and herbs grown in the lodge gardens.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Limpopo, South Africa
Places You'll See
Kapama Private Game Reserve
Kapama Private Game Reserve, with its portfolio of luxury game lodges, occupies a vast area between South Africa’s northern Drakensberg mountains and the Greater Kruger National Park. Adjacent to Kapama, Hoedspruit’s Eastgate Airport is ideally located to receive guests flying to Kapama on scheduled flights from both Johannesburg and Cape Town, and on private charters. Situated in the Limpopo Province, this reserve is home to more than forty different mammal species and can be seen on the several game drives offered on a daily basis.