- Don’t merely see the migration, live it, on exciting twice daily game drives in open sided vehicles
- Visit a traditional homestead and be entertained by the local Kuria dancers, or spend the morning at the market
- Maximize your time on the game-filled plains by enjoying a delicious packed breakfast or lunch provided by camp chefs while on the move
- Enjoy staying in comfortable accommodations while knowing there will be little to no carbon footprint left behind
- Get up close and personal with Africa’s Big Five and other big cats, and feel their extraordinary power
Kimondo is a mesmerizing mobile safari camp that tracks the seasonal Great Wildebeest Migration from the dramatic Lamai Wedge and Mara River in winter to the lush southern Serengeti grasslands in the height of summer. Handcrafted from wood and canvas in an exotic blend of traditional East African safari style with a subtle Moroccan influence, Kimondo Migration Camp has just eight elegant and airy tents, each with a king-sized cast-iron bed, en-suite bathroom and private veranda. This mobile safari camp offers a truly intimate Big Five adventure in vintage East African style and comfort. Kimondo Migration Camp pays tribute to an age when merchants from North Africa crossed the Serengeti on camels to trade ivory and spices along the East Coast. The mobile camp reflects traditional safari style with a Moroccan accent – simple, elegant and totally at home in this unspoilt landscape. Rich, handwoven rugs line the floors in the mess tent, where burnished copper lanterns glow into the night. Dinner is served either in the dining tent or under the African night sky. Afterwards, trade stories of the day’s sightings beside the crackling campfire.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Serengeti National Park, Serengeti, Mara Region, Tanzania
Places You'll See
Serengeti National Park
Famous for its annual migration of nearly two million zebra and wildebeest, the Tanzanian national park of the Serengeti hosts many walks of wildlife including the “big five”; The Masi Lion, African Leopard, African Bush Elephant, Eastern Black Rhinoceros, and the African Buffalo. Declared a world heritage site, this national park provides a once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the local wildlife.