- Visit the lagoons behind Villamil inhabited by many pink flamingos and other bird species as well
- The Tortoise Breeding Station is an ideal place to see protected animals during their first years of life
- Enjoy sights of the Sierra Negra Volcano boasting the largest basaltic caldera in the Galapagos
- Take a boat to several islets permitting you to snorkel and encounter several marine species
- Enjoy the nearby waves on a surf board and even take lessons from a worldwide champion
Situated on the slopes of a volcano, on the highlands of Isabela Island (proudly named after Queen Isabella of Spain), this lodge stands as a luxurious safari style tent resort in the middle of a 40 acre plot of magnificent forest. It retains a spectacular view of the island’s coast as well as of the Pacific Ocean. From this tent resort, guests are permitted to charter vessels which will transport them to other Galapagos islands along the archipelago while still receiving the same unique service from the Scalesia Galapagos Lodge. The main lodge is a modern and minimalistic social area with a restaurant, different meeting areas, a conference room, a swimming pool and wrap around decks. Another key aspect of the lodge itself is its proximity to the town of Puerto Villamil, which is considered as one of the most beautiful sites in the Galapagos Islands.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Places You'll See
Located on the southeastern corner of Isabella Island it is backed by a lagoon in which both flamingos and marine iguanas call home. The port town sits on a white sandy beach and the main infrastructure consists of small homes for the populace, however as of late, a mini building operation has taken place over the past years.