- Enjoy excellent opportunities for snorkeling on the pristine reefs around Maziwe Island Marine Reserve
- Explore the nearby creeks in a kayak or surf the waves on some paddles skis
- Visit the historic town on Pangani with its infamous history of ivory and slave trading going back many hundreds of years
- Enjoy the truly amazing spectacle of watching baby turtles hatch from their nest and make their way down the beach to the ocean
- Take a day trip to Saadani National Park to see its unique ecosystem and wide array of wildlife including lion and elephant
The Tides Lodge is set on the idyllic, palm fringed and secluded Ushongo beach on the northern coastline of Tanzania near to Pangani. The beach is deserted with no other lodges or hotels close by, giving the guests the feeling of isolation, peace and exclusivity. Guests can walk for miles each way from the lodge along the deserted beach passing only the occasional friendly local fisherman. The lodge itself is deliberately low key and relaxed, yet offering the best levels of service and cuisine. The staff are all employed from the local villages and take great pride in their jobs. The hotel accommodation boasts bright, spacious and stylish interiors. All the cottages have modern en suite bathrooms. Fresh tropical flowers are placed in each room every day. The lodge prides itself on their high standard of cuisine and service. The menus utilize the freshest ingredients including fish and seafood which we source from the local fishermen. The lodge grows their own fresh herbs and utilize them in the dishes. They also bake the most delicious bread every day in the wood fired oven.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Saadani National Park, Bagamoyo, Pwani Region, Tanzania
Places You'll See
Saadani National Park
Saadani National Park is a small area of coastal wilderness, allowing visitors to relax and enjoy the beach, as well as view the breathtaking wilderness at the same time, as it is Tanzania’s only wildlife conservatory that borders the sea. Visitors to the park are likely to see the famous Big Five, as well as giraffes, wildebeest, hippopotamus, crocodiles, and a variety of birdlife.