- Take a walk around the workings of the coffee plantation to see how the coffee is grown, harvested, dried, and produced
- Explore a beguiling diversity of habitats on an exciting forest walk through Arusha National Park
- Enjoy meals that pay homage to international gourmet and culinary techniques whilst featuring the very finest in fresh, locally sourced produce
- Take a day trip to visit the Ngorongoro Crater, a natural enclosure for a wide variety of wildlife including wildebeest, zebra, and lion
- Visit a local Maasai Market to buy various handicrafts and various types of paintings made by local artisans
Lying on the gently rolling foothills that cascade down from the ever-present Mount Meru is the bustling and vibrant town of Arusha. It is here on the outskirts of this town, hidden amongst one of Tanzania’s largest coffee plantations, that one will find Arusha Coffee Lodge, a perfect haven for relaxation either before or after any East African safari. Comprising of 30 Plantation Houses that radiate out into the evergreen coffee fields, Arusha Coffee Lodge has been designed around the original landowner’s home that dates back to the early 1900’s. The theme of coffee permeates throughout Arusha Coffee Lodge, reflecting in the colors and textures of the delightfully comfortable accommodations with beautifully appointed en suite bathrooms. The homely feel of the Lodge is by no means accidental as the origins of the homestead continue to emit glimpses of times-gone-by. The friendly and personable staff help create an ambiance that continues to draw appreciation from all those who visit and stay.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Arusha, Arusha Region, Tanzania
Places You'll See
Well known for its night life and club scene, Arusha is a city of excitement. Visit the National Natural History Museum with exhibits on early man and local animal life and plants. Take in the history of Arusha with a visit to the local museum and the Uhuru monument for the Declaration of Arusha. Along with some history lessons, enjoy a mixture of local cuisine combined with other world gastronomies.