- • Enjoy inimitable seclusion in the vast expanse of Elsa’s Kopje, set on acres of authentic African landscape
- • Take a game drive through lion and elephant country, and see an enormous diversity of habitat and wildlife
- • Visit the national park’s rhino sanctuary, home to over 70 rhino, both black and white
- • Take a picnic lunch, and take the whole day to explore the sandy Tana River, Kenya’s longest
- • Relax in the cool waters of the infinity pool, perched on the side of the hill with spectacular views
Guests can enjoy inimitable seclusion in the vast expanse of Elsa’s Kopje, boasting 215,000 acres of authentic African landscape. The park offers a thriving rhino sanctuary, and is famous for large elephant herds, hippo, lion, and birdlife; Meru National Park is recognized as having more diversity of animal species than any other park in East Africa. Each cottage is crafted around the rocks, with a large bedroom, open sitting room, veranda and spacious bathroom, each with breathtaking views. Elsa’s Kopje is renowned for its delicious cuisine. With sumptuous fresh salads and pastas for lunch, combining North Italian recipes with more unusual dishes (such as crispy Tempura Vegetables, Aubergine, Feta and Tomato Stacks with Parmesan ‘Snaps’ and Danish Layer Cake), meals here are simply heave. Using fresh salads and herbs from its own garden, and serving homemade bread freshly baked in the camp’s own traditional outdoor pizza oven, guests will feel absolutely spoiled.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Meru National Park, Meru County, Kenya
Places You'll See
Meru National Park
Meru National Park features lush jungle, winding rivers, verdurous swamp, and puce grasslands with numerous species of animals to observe. From Grevy’s zebras, and elephants, to hartebeests, pythons, and cobras and more than 427 recorded species of birds!