Private Lodge Highlights
- Enjoy one's stay in cozy ‘casita’ houses made of local stone and decorated individually.
- Walk through the gardens filled with flora native to the Sacred Valley surrounding each of the forty-three private sanctuaries. All face the Andes Mountains where the Incas believed their gods dwelled.
- Dine on delicious meals made with ingredients fresh from the garden filled with Andean flavors after being prepared through ancient Incan agrarian techniques
- Explore The Sacred Valley, a treasure house of pre-Colombian sites, colonial churches and thriving, enduring traditions, many of which to enjoy on the taste buds.
- Cycle and trek along Andean terraces, horseback ride to remote villages and kayak under snowcapped peaks.
- Fly with the wind by tandem paraglide over landscape that the Incas believed mirrored the Milky Way.
Set in the Sacred Valley of the Incas in the province of Urubamba, Sol y Luna Lodge & Spa is a complex of stone and adobe buildings and is 3 kilometers from Plaza de Armas, 15 kilometers from the Eye of the Jaguar zipline and 20 kilometers from the Chinchero archaeological site. Elegant, rustic casitas with marble bathrooms feature a rich palette, wood-beamed ceilings, eclectic furnishings, folk art and Peruvian accents. Amenities include free Wi-Fi; some have terraces with Jacuzzi tubs. Complimentary breakfast is served in the contemporary restaurant, which features a seasonal menu; there’s also a bar and wine cellar. The spa features a gym, saunas, massage (fee) and yoga.
This Yampu recommended trip add-on may only be booked in conjunction with any of our personalized trips. Your Yampu Tour Consultant will design an itinerary for you according to your available dates, interests and type of hotels. This is your trip and we will work on making it perfect!
Sol y Luna - Relais & Chateaux, Urubamba, Peru
Places You'll See
Situated in the Andes, the Sacred Valley of the Incas, also known as the Urubamba Valley, has become a popular destination. With shopping in its many markets, several hiking routes, and ambitious activities such as rock climbing and river rafting, it appeals to all. Survey significant archeological dig sites, or simply explore the multitude of attractions in leisure.