Chile and Argentina to Reopen to Travelers November 1st
Social Distance in the beauty of Chile and Argentina. No quarantine required with proof of vaccination and negative COVID test.
Exciting news! As of November 1st, 2021 international travelers are welcome in Argentina and Chile. The two countries will be lifting their once-required quarantine requirements with proof of negative COVID test results and proof of full vaccination.
The following entry requirements correspond to the current, official report. Please contact your Yampu Tour Consultant or reply to this email for more information.
Argentina Entry Requirements:
- Complete vaccination schedule, with the last application date at least 14 days prior to arrival. Argentina accepts the vaccines approved by the origin country.
- A negative PCR test done within 72 hours before departure.
- PCR test will be required between the 5th and 7th day after arrival (if passengers are still staying in the country).
Chile Entry Requirements:
- Before entering the country, the vaccines received in one’s own country must be confirmed so that a mobility passport (pase de movilidad) can be issued from Chile.
- The recognition process can take up to a month. This time should be taken into account when planning your trip to Chile.
- Complete the electronic form “Affidavit of the Traveler” up to 48 hours before boarding, in which you must provide your contact information, health and location history. This form will include a QR code as a means of verification.
- People who are not vaccinated and therefore cannot apply for a mobility pass are not yet allowed to enter the country.
- Tourists entering the country must have travel health insurance covering an amount of USD 30,000.
- Proof of a negative PCR test taken 72 hours before boarding is still required. A PCR test is carried out again at the destination airport in Chile.
- NEW: A PCR test is carried out at the destination airport in Chile. People entering the country must travel by private transport and directly to the specified place of stay from the moment of entry and wait there for the result of the PCR test (duration up to 24 hours). If the test is negative, the 5-day quarantine does not apply.
Looking for more travel tips, tricks, and updates? Join our newsletter!
Note; Updates to this article are done periodically. Travel requirements are subject to change at any time in any destination. Please consult the CDC’s latest guidance and your Yampu Tours Travel Expert for the latest updates.