In 2015, Diani Beach on the Indian Ocean in Kenya was rated a Top 25 Beach in the World on TripAdvisor. Home to AfroChic, the white-sand beach offers limitless fun and relaxation, and perfect swimming conditions as it is protected by a large coral reef not far offshore.
Watch for humpback whales as they pass through this stretch of their migratory route or witness the hatching of endangered Green Sea Turtles, which have protected nesting grounds on the beach under 24 hour guard.
Other activities include:
- Quad bike safaris
- Micro-light flights
- Snorkelling and scuba diving
- Deep sea fishing
- Glass bottom boats
- Surfing, kite surfing and wind surfing
- Jet skis
- Day trips to Wasini Island and Marine Park
- Mombasa City visits including the tour of Fort Jesus and Old Town
- Reef walks
- Dhow cruises
- Day trip to Shimba Hills National Reserve
- Diani Art Gallery
- Painting- canvass, brushes & paint available at the hotel.
- Dolphin watching
- Whale watching
- 18 hole Golf course (3 minute drive from AfroChic)
- Massages, manicures and pedicures (in-house service)
- Squash, tennis
- Colobus monkey research centre
- Cookery lessons